Optimization of any type of geometry, with endless options for maximum reduction, such as: multiple panels, the use of real or rectangular shapes, priorities between objects, freedom, etc ...
Advanced Identification displays the pieces in accordance with different criteria. Tag, text or simple trace text identification can be used. It has several tools for creating tabs, ideal for attaching parts to material.
High-performance vectoring of images, plans, sketches.
No annual maintenance costs and support is free, even before purchasing.
3D Cut allows us to laminate 3D objects for laser cutting or CNC machines. Remapping places us in the 3D geometric plane and automatically identifies the pieces.
It also has panel-management tools, enabling panel stock to be managed by external purchasing departments.
Integration with Grasshopper3D Libraries included for developers at no extra cost.
RhinoNest is fully integrated in Rhinoceros, thus allowing for optimization in minutes without the need for imports from different softwares or the need for conversions as it supports all geometry types. Designed for Rhinoceros 5.0
Graphic Object Selection
- Definition of copies of an object
- Multiple priorities between objects. We can define the order of placement. Unlimited levels.
- Freedom of rotation: Set 180º, +90º or -90º, 90º, 60º, 45º, 30º, 15º or Free.
- Optimization parameters with copies of a single object.
Definition of Panels
- We can define using one panel size or multiple sizes.
- Centralized panel database. Ideal for large production runs. We provide an independent tool to managing panel purchasing. We can control stock from the purchasing department.
- Definition of panels by material, dimensions, quantity in stock and reference.
- Option to fill panel. This option ignores the number of objects and uses as many copies as are required to fill a panel.
- Distance between pieces parameter.
- Distance between pieces and panel limits parameter.
- Maximum optimization time. RhinoNest uses a heuristic algorithm, which it uses to calculate various solutions before displaying us the best. The greater the time we define, the better the result.
- Rectangular Shape allows us to effect the calculation using the minimum rectangle of each object.
- Report displaying a list with the following parameters: Panel number, number of pieces per panel, used area and area free for optimization control.
- Copies the values to the clipboard for pasting into any application.
- Report export in text format.
It enables slices to be made in 3D objects.
Possibility to define multiple panels.
Positions the slices in CPlane for subsequent optimization
It slices surfaces, solids and/or meshes.
Automatically identifies slices in tag, text and/or simple trace text mode.
Identification prefix definition option.
This allows us to select multiple objects and to identify them automatically. It lists the objects and can define the starting number and a prefix. Likewise, it allows us to group the original objects and/or create a new text layer.
This tool identifies objects using Tags, Text or Simple Trace Fonts. It is very important to identify the objects prior to nesting
This tool orientates 3D objects to the plane prior to nesting. The algorithm functions perfectly with curves, surfaces and/or solids. In the case of solids, it analyses the largest flat plane, analyzing the area and using it to orientate the object, as shown in the following image:
Tabs & Connect
This tool allows us to quickly divide and connect curves. In certain cases we may wish to keep the pieces in the panel after slicing. Let’s imagine a practical case. We have a panel with 100 pieces. After withdrawing the cutting maching, the pieces are left loose. When dividing the objects, we can opt not to cut certain areas (red curves) in order that they remain attached to the panel. The tabs can subsequently be split manually. We can dynamically define where we want to add the tab and define its size.
Raster to Vector
This tool allows us to convert images into curves. There are over 10 preset styles, such as Architecture, Curves, Lines and Arcs, Maps, Charts, Mechanical, Exterior lines, Soft curves, etc.
Importing Multiple FilesWe provide automatic multiple file import tools. Folders and multiple files can be defined manually. Supports the formats available in Rhino. By default we can import more than 20 formats: DWG, DXF, IGS, STP, Adobe Illustrator, Encapsulated PostScript (EPS), Microstation DGN,..Each file is organized in a layer with the file name.
Import and Export of HPGL FilesHPGL format (also known as PLT) is widely used for cutting and milling machines. We can import HPGL files in RhinoNest. We provide a tool for the automatic exporting of HPGL files. Once created in nesting, a single click allows us to export all the objects by panels. In other words, a file is created for each panel, numbered in accordance with the optimization.
Integration with Grasshopper
For designers who are exploring new forms using generative algorithms, Grasshopper3D® is a graphic algorithm editor that is closely integrated with Rhinoceros modelling tools. Unlike programming tools, Grasshopper requires no programming or scripting knowledge. Nevertheless, it allows designers to create form generators ranging, from the most simple to the most impressive versions. With this integration, RhinoNest for Grasshopper includes all the tools available in RhinoNest within the Grasshopper interface. Grasshopper is a free plug-in for Rhinoceros. Further information can be found at www.grasshopper3d.com
Minimum System Requirements
Intel Core i5 or higher processor. 200 MB disk space. 2 GB RAM. OpenGL compatible graphics card. Windows 7 or higher.
Recommended System Requirements
Intel Core i7 or higher processor (64 bits). 500 MB disk space. 8Gb RAM or more. NVIDIA GT 430, ATI Radeon 5570 or Higher . Windows 7 or higher.